The Automotive Amanojaku

This is where you'll find news, random car-related thoughts and personal views from a rabid car nut. "Amanojaku" is Japanese slang that means "person who is deliberately contradictory". I've always found myself drawn to the less appreciated car makes - the "underdogs" if you will. Suzuki, Pontiac, GM Daewoo and Holden, are among my favorite brands to watch and comment on. Let me hear your thoughts!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Dream Kei Van





A poster at GMInsidenews pointed out that I must have had a hand in this aftermarket creation. Well, I couldn't agree more - I sure would buy one if I still lived in Japan. Thanks to Winding Road for the find!

Its a Suzuki Every Wagon that’s been customized by Japanese stylists DAMD to look like a shrunken Cadillac Escalade. The name is even kind of catchy: “DAMD Concept B Type 1 Every DA64W.”


The modifications to the exterior of this Japanese-market box are actually pretty minimal, with the most obvious being the insertion of a Caddy-style eggcrate grille between a pair of headlamps that look remarkably Slade-esque (though they’re in fact standard Suzuki pieces). Other external changes include suitably chromed nine-spoke wheels and some additional running-board style side garnishes, and an abbreviated rear bumper cap.

Inside, some upscale-looking perforated hides have been fitted to the seats, as well as some door trim.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home